It’s been another wild and windy week, and the tough Y6’s have been battling the elements all week as they undertook their Bikeability Course. They have been a credit to the school and I have heard nothing but good reports from the children and their instructor, Margitta. Well done Y6!
In Birch class this week we have:
- Been dividing decimals and converting fractions to decimals in maths
- Writing persuasively on a whole range of topics – should Castle Drogo hold a music festival? Should homework be banned? Should a supermarket be built on Chagford’s play park?
- Got out hearts racing and muscles shaking as we held some tricky poses in Yoga and finished off with a very energetic game of dodge ball.
- Put the finishing touches on our Geography projects: building, crafting, writing, cutting, shaping, drawing, painting….
- Been learning more about Muslims and their pilgrimage to Mecca in RE
Literacy – Write a letter to persuade Mrs Wiseman to get rid of school uniform!
Y6 – hard copy of maths in school bag
Spellings – You all should have gone home with a big list of Y5/6 spellings today. Please choose five words from those lists, find out what they mean and then how to spell them!And finally…. Jess and Daisy R have a message for you all, on my behalf.
Have you ever tried to run a half marathon? Well Mr B is going to run the London half marathon, for a great Charity – TOMMY’s – a baby charity that does great research to insure all babies are born happy and healthy.
We would LOVE you to donate some money to this charity. You may not have children of your own, but you were a baby once (maybe a long time ago) and you would have benefited from the important research that charity’s like tommy’s have provided. One in four babies die in birth, but tommy’ are hoping to improve this.
Think of how Mr B will feel having all that support (he may even win) and knowing that all the money he is raising will go to a good course. So donate kindly to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/leebillinghurst and save lots of babies lives. Also because Mr B is the best teacher!
From DAISY AND JESS
(Mr B’S FAVOURITE PUPILS.)