What a beautiful sunny week it has been! Let’s hope it holds out for the holidays!
In Birch class this week we:
- Welcomed Mr Hatton, a trainee teacher from Exeter University who will be spending most of Summer term with us in Birch class.
- Created our own evolutionary creations in Science and gave them special adaptations that would help them thrive in their habitats.
- Started working on our Coastal compositions for auction! On Monday we looked at old GWR posters and why they were so successful from a composition and colour point of view. We also started to think about how artists use the ‘rule of thirds’ to compose their artworks. Today we managed to get outside, enjoy the sunshine and put the theory into practice.
- In PE, we recapped on the skills we learned last year in Cricket so we are ready to build upon them again when we have expert coaching from Andy after the Easter holidays.
- Began to practice our play for the Easter service and wrote prayers to share with everyone.
- Have looked at Prime, Square and Cube numbers in Maths
- And in Literacy, we have started to research and plan our persuasive letters on a global issue of our own choice
Literacy – Keep researching your chosen global issue, and get as many facts and statistics as you can. Really immerse yourself in your chosen topic and become an expert so that you can be as persuasive as possible!
Maths – Continue with the homework pack that went out last Friday
Spellings – Use the Y5/6 spellings list given out a few weeks ago, choose five words that you might want to use in your literacy writing next week.