This week in Birch Class we:
- Put ourselves in the shoes of Howard Carter and traveled back in time to the day he discovered Tutankhamun’s tomb.
- We started to make our Ancient Egyptian Canopic Jars in Art.
- In Literacy, we have continued to understand how our author has cleverly made her writing cohesive through the use of relative-clauses and the structure of each paragraph. We have also been looking at how the heart works and adding notes to last weeks’ homework so that we can explain how the heart works next week.
- In maths, we have been looking at 3D shapes and reflecting and translating 2D shapes in 2 or 4 quadrant grids.
- We have been working really hard on our play – we’ve read through it a couple of times now and it’s beginning to take shape. We’ve also spent quite a bit of extra time learning all of the songs.
- We’ve started to think about the games we are going to be organising for next week’s Christmas Fayre – please talk to grownups about what you need!
Maths – Hard copies of this weeks’ maths should be in bags.
Literacy – Learn your lines for the play!
AND if you don’t have a huge part, practice the song – you should have taken the lyrics home with you!
AND those few who didn’t research the workings of the heart and make notes last week do so now!
Have a nice weekend, Mr B