We have been focusing on our co-operation skills this week and have been completing learning in pairs and small groups. The children have done really well working together as a team. We even used our skills of co-operation with the Year 2s when they came to do some learning in our class. Here are some photos:
After half term, we will be learning the following:
- In Maths, we are moving on addition and subtraction.
- Science we will be developing our learning about materials from this term and will be moving on to 'Building Things', testing the properties of different materials and deciding which materials would be best for each job e.g. a bridge or umbrella.
- In Geography, we will be learning about hot and cold places.
- Art and DT alternate so for the next half term we will be doing DT and designing and creating windmills.
- RE will be 'What do Christians believe God is like?' and retelling the Christmas story
- PE will continue to be Saints on a Monday and indoor PE on a Wednesday
- Computing will focus on Algorithms unplugged
- PSHE will be 'Valuing Differences'
Hope you all have an amazing half term!
It has been an ever-changing week this week, we have had lots of children who have come down with the dreaded autumn bugs, coughs and colds, but we are all on the mend now!
The children have been enjoying their phonics learning in their phonics groups and their reading is ever improving. We have been continuing to enjoy our class read 'Leaf' and have created our own portraits of 'Leaf' using the Autumn leaves from the playground. We are proudly displaying these on our window so all the families dropping off and picking up can see our artwork. Here is a photo in case you can't get to school:
Next week, is our Harvest festival where we will be going up to the church to celebrate, it would be lovely to see you there.
Have a lovely weekend!
Welcome to the blog page for Year 1/2 - Beech Class at Chagford Primary School